Monday, February 18, 2008

Elwood's Dating Stories 4 - University: Psycho Girl Part 3

To conclude my story about Psycho girl. This is chock full of stupid drama.

So we spent months hanging out as friends but things just got really weird.

On one occasion I ended up at a movie with Psycho Girl and Creepy Guy. Creepy Guy was part of a club I hung out with at University and we were all having lunch. Psycho Girl had come out that day on my behalf. After lunch I invited everyone to go see Big Fish. Everyone bailed except Psycho Girl and Creepy Guy.

I"m not sure if Pyscho Girl was doing it to get rid of Creepy Guy, but by the end of the night she was giving me a lot of attention.

I was tempted to kiss her but had too many thoughts running in my head (does she want me to? She's just a friend! She hurt me already... etc.).

Another time we went skating with a bunch of my friends. I was hoping to hang out with her after the skating part and she wanted to as well. Then, al of a sudden she tells my friends goodbye and leaves!

I was pretty disappointed and left the other way to go home. Fifteen minutes later I get a call from her asking why I didn't follow her.

Very strange.

She went away on vacation for a week to Europe with her roomate and upon returning she said she missed me.

Later in the year, she missed me just being away for Valentines Day weekend.

It started to drive me crazy.

Finally one night I couldn't help it and told her I wanted to kiss her again.

Then I juped the gun and wanted to go home with her. Most people would thing I wanted sex. I absolutely was NOT thinking about sex. I just really want hold her and cuddle with someone in my sleep (I had not yet done this with anyone).

She wasn't too keen for me coming over, saying her roommate would not be happy.

The next time I saw her she was disappointed to find out that after i had left to go home that night, she found out her roommate never came home.

So at this point i had thought we were kind of dating again. The only problem was I was to shy to do anything.

We went on dates but I never kissed her.

One time we were alone in her apartment and the topic of sex came up (just general conversation, not about us having sex) and I was joking around a lot.

At one point i said "Well we better go" referring to our evening of playing pool, but as a joke, I pointed to her bedroom.

Then I got up with the intention of really going to play pool and she gave me this confused look and said "oh... ok then..." and when I asked what was wrong she said "It's nothing... must be my hormones..."

You don't know how many friends yelled at me after I told them that story. They all think she wanted sex badly.

I don't know what it is with me and sex (still a virgin, even after having dated someone for 10 months) but that's for another post on another day.

Things really got fucked up when we had planned to spend an all nighter having fun outside in the city. I was excited and thought I'd end up at her place at the end of the night.

Before the nigt even began she started to tell me how tired she was and was probably going to call it an early night. My heart was crushed.

Then later on in the evening I bumped into a friend completely by accident and she had thought i planned to meet him because I didn't want o spend time with her.

In the end she turned to me and said "I'm sorry" and left me to go home.

Next time I saw her she was all happy to hang out with me. I was pretty happy too. We went for coffee and thats when she tells me she started dating that guy from her high school who she e-mailed earlier that year.

I was devastated.

I felt used. Hurt. Sad.

Worst of all I had to endure that for months because i worked with her and she still wanted to be my friend.

I almost lost all my friends complaining about her and my situation for almost a full year.

I finally got out of it by graduating from University and moving overseas for a year.

I kept it a secret from her as much as a could and right before I left she e-mailed me this whole long story how she wanted to remain my friend.

I simply replied that I could write a whole e-mail about how much I hated her but instead decided to wish her a good life and that this was goodbye.

About 1 month later, in Australia, I found out she got engaged.

Boy was I glad I wasn't there for that.

EPILOGUE

I never saw her again until one day last winter after having moved back to My City, I was walking on a cold winter day all bundled up with my headphones in my ears. I look up and see her waving at someone.

I was shocked!

She didn't notice me. I kept walking and was thinking: "Oh my god! What should I do? Should I talk to her? Should i keep walking? Will she remember me? What would i say?"

Then when I broke out of my thoughts I looked up again only to realize I had walked 8 blocks from where I had seen her.

So i just kept walking.

2 comments:

Leigh said...

You shouldn't let girls use you and toy with you that way El! where's your sense of self-worth?

Also, everyone has issues with sex before they start having it. and the longer you wait, the worse those issues become.

Once it happens for you, I predict you will forget all about the way you are feeling now.

Elwood said...

I know, I know.
I was being used but I learned a lot from it.

I know what you're saying about the sex part. I'm probbaly going to write a post about my experience (or lack of) so I can analyze my own insecurities i seem to have with it and hopefully some people will have some advice or get something out of it.