Friday, February 27, 2009

What's this?

I realized that I've been so busy with work and the comedy troupe that I've gotten really lazy in terms of online dating. In the past I would spend some time browsing through the typical sites and e-mail people and hope to get a response.

Lately though, all I've been checking is Craiglist because it's so easy. Just go on, see a new ad, and if it's worth it send an e-mail. No searching through profiles and checking out pictures info etc.

However, I thought I would have this evening free to chill and browse a little. It never happened because I ended up seeing The Wrestler with Ira (great movie - when did Marisa Tomei get so hot?).

So, 5 minutes before going to bed (it's past my bedtime now!) I check my e-mail and see that I received a message from someone on plentyoffish.com.

This is very interesting since she initiated it.

Quick look at her profile and I see that:
- She's 33
- Her picture is cute
- She likes to explore the city
- Likes watching cartoons (big plus for me)
- Hosts a radio show on comic books
- Is into all kinds of music books and movies

And the coolest thing of all is what she wrote in the message. I have a picture of me wearing a spiderman t-shirt and she wrote: "lemme be the black cat to your spiderman, you may be surprised."

I replied with hopefully a not too rambling-type message.

Let the waiting game begin.

No comments: