Friday, July 10, 2009

The old switcheroo

When Rock Chick and I exchanged phone numbers it took over a week to actually make first contact and arrange a date. If I called, it would ring until the machine went off. I'd leave a message and wouldn't get a call back in a day or two.

I must have done something right on our first date because since then, she's either picked up her phone right away or if I've left a message, she'd call me the same day.

We had spoken on Tuesday, made arrangements for Friday, bumped into each other Wednesday and then talked on talked a bit last night.

I had invited her to this party a friend is hosting at a bar but after the initial invite I forgot i had to do a show the same night. I felt it would get complicated to invite her if I wasn't going to stay long, but she said she wanted to come and see my show and didn't mind all the traveling (the bar and place of show are at opposite ends of downtown).

On the phone last night she said she doesn't mind "tagging along". I told her that I hope she didn't feel that that was the case, but she was all cheery and said doesn't mind being all over the place and it'll be fun.

Regardless of how things go, the advice the How To Succeed With Women book says it's always good to have multiple prospects and not get hung up on one person. This way you feel less pressured and if nothing comes out of it, you have other people to pursue. Before, I used to really only hone on one person, but now I've still been checking out POF and other options, so I'm not feeling too worried about tonight.

No comments: