Sunday, July 5, 2009

Date # 10 - Rock Chick

Last night I went on a date with another person I met through POF. She's studying geology (hence the name Rock Chick), is originally from Winnipeg and moved to Montreal for her masters.

Once I got her number, we played phone tag for almost 2 weeks. We managed to talk once but again had a hard time connecting. Even though I;d miss her call, call her and then have to leave a message, she still got back to me and even showed interest in meeting.

Finally I reached her Saturday afternoon and we arranged to meet up later that evening.

I showed up to the Subway station and waited for her, looking out since I could on;y base what she looked like by 1 picture from POF. I know it could have a been a big gamble meeting up with someone who only posted 1 picture, and not a great one at that. However, when she came out the doors, the b-lined right to me so I knew it was her right away.

She's actually cute!

Our date started off a tad rocky since I had invited her to an art exhibit of a friend of RM1. RM1's boyfriend (who just moved in with her and I , by the way) was also heading there so I walked with him to the place and then split up to go meet Rock Girl.

Once i met Rock Girl, we headed back to towards the exhibit but it wasn't open and RM1's boyfriend was there and asking if we wanted to join him for a while, until the exhibit opened (even though he knew i was on a date). I managed to convince Rock Girl that we go somewhere else and she was cool with it.

We ended up going for ice cream (which I payed for), then to the Jazz Festival which is booming in My City right now and we saw a great Latino band. Following this we went to the docks and saw fireworks.

Our date lasted 4 hours. I may have talked a bit too much but it didn't look like she cared and I felt comfortable around her , cracking jokes and stuff. The eerie thing was I would think of something to say (a joke or fact or whatever) and she would beat me to it by like 2 seconds and say the exact same thing! It was like that with Wendy but I had dated her for months before that started happening.

Speaking of which (which by the way, Dolce, I haven't brought up in a long time and am only doing so in context, haha), this dated marked the tenth date of GFTOW. I wondered how long it would take to achieve a single date with 10 different girls and it ended up taking almost 16 months.

Am I completely over Wendy by now? Yes. do I still think about her? A little. Mostly the situations I was in with her since it's all I have to fall back on when I daydream about certain things. Even then, especially since starting to read that How to Succeed with Woman book, I have that wanting feeling of being with someone less than I used to. I now know that it's all just a game and it's supposed to be fun. I'll meet someone eventually and I know I have a lot to offer.

At the end of the date, Rock Girl told me she wanted to hang out again and we said we'd call each other sometime later this week.

To make things even more fun, after she left, I headed to the Subway, bumped into a friend and went for a beer at 11:30pm.

Fun times indeed.

1 comment:

Dolce said...

Wow...the tables have turned. You're putting my social life to shame.