Thursday, July 2, 2009

I Just Called To Say I Love You

I saw Stevie Wonder last night, bitches!

Well, I didn't actually see him. I saw him on a giant screen just around the corner from the outdoor stage where he was playing for free. There must have been 10,000 people about, so it was tough to get anywhere close to viewing status.

The show itself was pretty rad. He started off with a bunch of stuff I didn't know, then switched to his classics, also doing a few covers throughout.

The weirdest thing was twice he just sat there, while the band did absolutely nothing and a Michael Jackson song was being played over the speakers. My friend thinks they ran out of rehearsal time to nail the songs and instead just played the record as a tribute.

To end it all off, there were fireworks that exploded off of 4 building tops. It was wicked!

Oh, and there were tonsof hot girls walking about.

I love My City.

No comments: