Saturday, July 18, 2009

Validation

I'm about halfway through How to Succeed with Women by Ron Louis and David Copeland.
Originally I wanted to write blog after blog about each bit of information I was learning from the book. Unfortunately, I've been reading it so fast and working so much overtime that i just havn't had a chance to do that.

The main things discussed have been confidence, advice on dress and looking good, myths guys seem to have on dating and also who to be romantic with women.

One thing that I will admit that has stuck with me was a part that mentions how you shouldn't let women validate your life. Life shouldn't feel crappy when your single and great when you're with someone. Life should always feel great for all kinds of reasons and things you got going on. Then, once you feel great abut life, if a women were to come in the picture it's only an extra thing added to your already super duper awesome life.

Reading that made me realize I was (am) a bit like that. I would feel great if I had a good interaction with a girl and awful if it didn't' go my way and think about it for days.

Although I do wish I had a more enjoyable job, I'm enjoying my life. I live on my own in an amazing area. I have a job and at least make some money. I'm super active in improv and actually get paid to make people laugh and feel good. I've been out and about meeting all kinds of new people.

When I had my date last week with Rock Chick, I was curious to see what the book had to say on dates and first kisses but flipping through the book, I discovered they only touch that stuff 5 chapters later.

I'm kind of glad I didn't read anything on the subject at the time, it allowed me to do what i"m best at: make stuff up.

No comments: