Sunday, January 4, 2009

Date # 6 - Catch22

Friday night I slept at my parent's place in the suburbs. I had breakfast with my mom and then got a lift back to my apartment. I'm able to type this because I managed to get my Internet working by moving my desktop computer into the kitchen. Good thing RM1 and RM2 are out of town.

So after getting my Internet fixed temporarily, I dicked around in my kitchen, mostly playing guitar, until it was time to meet Catch22. We decided to go for coffee at a place close to my house and I had 5 minutes to get there.

I rushed over there and met her in time. She had just arrived there as well.

First off, it was about 2 or 3 months since I had met her at that party, so I guess over the weeks, the image of her in my head changed a little. She was/is still cute but not quite as I thought I remembered her. The other things are also a) I was a tad drunk at the time and b) maybe I'm just being really picky.

So we sat, ate and drank coffee and chatted for a while, getting know things about each other.

Things I do like about her is, as just mentioned, she's cute. She has this nerdy glasses look going. She's like the cute innocent nerdy girl from biology class or something.

She's tall and skinny like me. Also, I find her quite funny, which is a big thing for me. I don't' know what it is but she had thins cute kind of sense of humor.

We ended up "having coffee" for 2 hours.

Things were going well until one little thing I said. I'm not sure if I'd mentioned it in the blog or not, but I'm a comedian. I recently joined a comedy troupe that does a show several times a week. We headline twice a week and open up for other comedians on the weekends.

Tonight I was to partake in the opening show. I went to the date with the attitude of not telling her about it because I didn't want to invite her too much into my world so soon. I thought it would be a good thing to introduce her to in the future.

Unfortunately, I didn't listen to my conscience, and decided to mention it to her. She was really excited, at first, saying how she had nothing else to do. So I said great she should come with her friends. That's when she admitted all her friends were out of town.

This is when I realized that perhaps she just got together with me since no one was around.

Things got worse when I told her that I was also meeting some old friends of mine, brothers to each other, so let's call them The S Brothers.

When I told her that, she was reluctant to want to come, telling me a story of how she organized once to meet with a friend from out of town while already having plans with other friends and then had to mix them up and it got complicated.

I don't blame her, and I saw her point, but I kind of got disappointed because when I first mentioned the show to her, she accepted to come right away. No questions asked. But when I made things complicated by saying i had other plans with other people, etc. then she didn't sound as interested anymore.

We left the coffee shop together and when we passed my apartment, we said good bye and she said "See you tonight or some other time" or something like that.

So that's that. I'm not sure what her intentions are but i think she's cute and I wouldn't mind hanging otu with her again, even if it's just as friends.

I'll give her a couple of days and then call her and see if she'd like to hangout again. My friend was telling me I should invite her over for dinner btu I'm afraid that's too forward. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Famously Single said...

What about taking her out to dinner or going to a different comedy show to start to introduce her to your world?

Dolce said...

I like Famously single's idea. Asking her out to dinner is NOT too forward. Girls like to eat.

The comedy? You KNOW comedy, just make sure the headliner is really good. Nothing is worse than bad comedy.