Friday, January 2, 2009

It's 2009, la dee freakin' da

As expected my New Years Eve wasn't anything special.

I came home from work, cleaned up a bit, took a nap, woke up feeling pretty crappy and made dinner. I showered and changed into a nice blue suit, thinking if I look good then it will distract from teh fact I felt like shit.

Two of my buddies showed up and one brought scotch to "make me feel better".

We headed over to my friend Italia's where we met other people. The plan of the evening was to go to Italia's friend's party whom I did not know.

We cabbed over there and the apartment was realy nice. The host seemed like a jolly guy and accepted having all these people he didn't really know at his party.

Soon afterwards, my buddy Footballer showed up with his posse of friends. I had invited another buddy and his girlfriend over as well, so at least i knew a few people at the party.

That's about it. Not mush really happened. I drank bailey's and milk all night, blew my nose and sucked on cough drops.

The ratio of guys to girs was large and almost all the girls (except maybe 1) were all accounted for. In any case I had no desire to make out with anyone anyways because i just had no energy.

The most exciting part of the night, though, was when a slightly older looking girl came up to me and said she loved my curly hair. She told me she used to be a hair dresser for 10 years and absolutely loves curly thinck hair. She asked me if she could touch it. When I said yes, she rubbed my hair for about 10 minutes in total satisfaction.

It was nice.

By 2am I was exhasuted and cabbed home.

Today was also pretty boring.

I just sat in my room all day on my computer uploading on facebook the photos from my trip, and cleanign my room.

At one point I decided that it would be funt o post an ad on craigslist to see if I can meet someone new in the evening. So, I wrote a quick ad stating it is the first day of the new year and I'm all alone bored in my apartment and want to get out.

Immediately after publishing it, I got a response from someone without a picture. Her e-mail simply said "I'm bored too, want to hang out?"

Thanks to facebook, it's super easy now to track someone down. I simply copied her e-mail into facebook, found her limited profile (I need to add her as a friend to see all her profile), got her real name and saw her picture. I then google searched her name and found out where she lives and that she went to high schol the same years as me so she's roughly my age. Facebook told me she had 8 friends in common with me as well.

I wrote back simpley saying:

Sounds good. What are you up for? Do you live downtown?

but I never heard from her again. Oh well.

So I stayed in instead and watched a movie.

The past 3 New Years Eves have been pretty crappy for one way or another. I guess it's true about what they say that things coem in threes.

I hope you guys had a more exciting New Years Eve than I.

2 comments:

Famously Single said...

Keep posting on craigslist and lets see what happens! I love that you cyber stalk too :)

Elwood said...

I've used Craigslist before to help find someone for concert I was going to. Didn't find romance but got made a really nice friend out of it.

I reply to ads all the time, but have yet to write my own. One day I'll get around to it.