Sunday, January 4, 2009

One Year Anniversary

So I realized recently that it's been over a year since I started this blog. The exact date was December 24th, 2007.

This means that it has also been about a year since Wendy and I broke up. That was the catalyst of starting this blog int he first place.

Yesterday, after hanging out with Catch 22, I made dinner, got ready and headed over to the comedy club.

On my way I decided to go into the pharmacy/convenience store for a second and as I was about to reach the door, I saw Wendy walking in.

I don't know why but I felt a pang of nervousness and just decided to continue walking to the club instead.

I felt ashamed that I felt that way because a) There are no ill feelings between us. I don't' hate her or anything. b) I saw her recently (about 2 months ago) and it's been so long since we dated, there should not be any drama between us.

Anyways, I went to the club and did my show and it went great!

After the show, I sat down with my friends, the S Brothers who had come to watch my group perform and then I noticed Wendy and her friend come up to me. Turns out they came to watch some comedy and was surprised to see that I was performing. She knew I got a gig at the club but did not know that I was performing that night.

We ended up chatting for a while, her friend, her and I. I tried hard not to let my mind make it awkward. We said our goodbyes with a hug and she left.

I went for coffee with the S Brothers and about 1:40 am I received this text from Wendy:

I just realized right now that a year today we split and we saw each other. How weird is that? You did really well tonight!

I wasn't sure what to reply to that. Thankfully, the S Brothers were there adn they told me to just say "Thanks. It was nice seeing you" and leave it at that. I did and she wrote back "You too".

This just totally messed me up last night.

Right now sitting in front of my computer, I feel so ashamed to let stupid things like that get the best of me.

I ended up spending most of last night telling the S Brothers my whole story about her and then today I hung out with a fellow performer and did the same thing. That performer friend told me that all I ever do is talk about girls and my ex. I dont' hang otu with him much and we're fairly new friends, so it's not entirely true, but for the most part he's right.

he told me it's an old story and I just keep milking it.

I couldn't help it though, I feel like whenever something helps fuel the fire, I get all loopy again.

I never made any resolutions for the new year but one has got to be to stop thinking or talking about Wendy.

We dated for a while, it didnt' work out. End of story.

I live in the same city as her and it's possible I will bump into her. It doesn't mean anything.

There are so many other people out there and I'll meet someone this year, I can feel it.

To an adventurous 2009!

1 comment:

Famously Single said...

I feel you! It was a year ago that I met my He Who Shall Not Be Named. What I have started doing is stop telling stories that involve him. If his name is included in the story, I decide not to comment, that way the whole day I'm not thinking about him!