Saturday, January 3, 2009

Off to a good start

Tonight, while visiting my parents at their house for dinner, I received a call from Catch22. The ball was in her court and she followed through!

I'm really proud of myself because when I that it was her calling (for some reason, recently my cell phone has automatic call display even if I don't have the person's number in my contacts) I didn't freak out or get nervous. I simply picked up the phone and tried keeping it cool.

We chatted for about 15 minutes before my mom told me she was ready to (we were about to go to my brother's house). So I casually asked Catch22 if she was free tomorrow and she said yes. Since I'm actually busy at night, I arranged that we meet in the afternoon and I"m supposed to call her to figure out our actual plan of action.

I'm both excited and nervous. I don't know what to expect or what I want out of it but it's nice to be going on another "date".

I never know how to know it's really a date or not. I I mean just because 2 people who may have interest in each other meet to do something together, does that necessarily make it a date?

In any case, I just hope I don't fuck it up.

My Internet connection is not working at the moment (I'm currently staying at my parent's place for the night) so it may be a while until I can post a follow up to the date. Sorry, you'll just have to be patient, ha ha.

3 comments:

MARY IN SCOTLAND said...

Great job Elwood! I can't wait to hear how it goes!
It's a date if its got the 3 P's:
Planned,Paired off(just the 2 of you), and Paid for...

Happy Dating!

Famously Single said...

It is soooo a date! Mary...I love the 3 p's. I will remember that!

Dolce said...

That is a DATE!!!!

And a promising one!