Sunday, January 18, 2009

Elwoods got another date

Since I joined the comedy troupe I am now a part of, I have been doing shows on the weekends at night. I quickly discovered that once the show is over, unless I have plans, my night is pretty much done. I head home and head to bed.

Yesterday I had the idea of putting up an ad on Craigslist to find a date for after the show.

The only response I got was from a spam bot (I checked on google to confirm my suspicions).

However, tonight I received a response from someone else saying that it was too bad she missed my message but would like to go out tonight.

I checked her name on facebook and saw that a) she's real and b) she's ok looking/kind of cute. I'm not sure if by her picture its someone I would want to really ate but at this point I just want to meet new people. If anything I'm getting practice right?

Unfortunately, tonight was no good but we arranged for a beer on Tuesday. She must have been online because we kept writing back e-mails pretty quickly.

Once we arranged the time she realized she never sent me a picture, sent me one and asked for mine.

I let her look me up on facebook but then sent her a picture I had just taken since I know have a goatee again (decided to grow one 2 weeks ago, it's a winter habit).

She wrote back saying that the picture I sent looks really nice. Good start I guess.

The one thing I forgot to check this whole time was her age. Once I remembered, I checked facebook and found out she's 32.

This will be interesting.

4 comments:

Trips said...

I really like how you are willing to put yourself out there. All my guy friends who whine about not meeting any girls will never takea risk, or use a dating profile. Good luck with the date... you never know what can happen!

Dolce said...

How old are you, 27? 28?

32 shouldn't make a difference. It's a date!!!

Famously Single said...

An older woman with more experience. I am so excited for this one!

Elwood said...

That's if I survive this weekend...
I feel so ill. No dates for a week for sure