Thursday, January 15, 2009

My Adventures In The Dominican Republic Part II

Day 2
Not much happened on day two. We spent most of the day arranging our stuff for the week. We booked our reservations at the restaurants throughout the resort. We booked two excursions - snorkeling and dune buggy-ing through the mountains.

We ended up walking around and getting a feel of the place. A lot of pretty women in bikinis. Tons.
We also discovered later in the week to look out for girls with blue bracelets. Everyone had a bracelet saying what part of the resort they were staying in. Blue bracelets meant you were under 18. So I'd be eyeing out a really hot girl and then figure out she's probably 16 or 17...

The only thing that did go on that day was my brother Ira continuously talking about the night before. I blame myself for feeding him since i too was a bit excited and did talk to him about it. However after an hour or so of talking off and on about the subject, that was enough for me. Him on the other hand went on about all day.

I could tell he really want to hang out with the Hot Sisters. My outlook was this: They were on vacation with their mother; family vacation. As much as I wanted to hang out with them, I only wanted to do so in a casual manner. For instance if we were looking for a place to sit at the pool and we saw them there, then I would have suggested to join them or something. Ira, wanted to actively go looking for them. I didn't care for that so much.

Maybe it's a problem I have, but I hate pursuing when I know that's what I'm doing. It makes me feel dirty. If there is anything I learned on this trip, it's that Ira and I are completely different when it comes to women.

For instance, the night before I was having fun. I admit I liked it, a lot, but I wasn't expecting anything. Ira, seeing me with a girl, totally went overboard and had to hand me a condom, not so discretely. I felt like a kid walking down the street about to buy candy and a guy gives him a gun and says "you're in the war now, son! Go get em' tiger".

Surprisingly, Ira listened to me and we did our own thing instead. We never ended up bumping into the Hot Sisters that day. We did end up making some new friends at the volleyball court on the beach. It's a shame both Ira and I sucked at volleyball, otherwise I'm sure we would have made more friends and much more easily.

Amongst the people we met were a bunch of Canadians from Toronto. In fact 90% of the resort were Canadians from Toronto. We met Dan the Man who was 24 and studying law, Jew Bro who was 21 and his sister, Jew sis. Actually all three of them were Jewish and Dan The Man met Jew Boy at the resort just before we did. We'd all end up hanging out throughout the week.

At night we went to the disco and it wasn't very busy. In fact I was pretty bored. We didn't get to hang out with anyone and I didn't see the point of just standing around, but Ira wanted to so I kept him company.

The whole time we saw a girl all by herself drinking. All alone. I thought to myself "She must really want to meet someone tonight". However, when I went to get a drink and she was at the bar, I might have set something, I think I asked her the time, but she didn't care and just ignored me.

Four days later, I saw her checking out, with a guy! I'm pretty sure he was her boyfriend or something. Maybe they had a fight and she decided to go to the disco. I know I'm jumping to conclusions, but sometimes I'm happy being single. I'd hate to go on vacation with a girlfriend and get into a fight.

Eventually, Ira and I called it a night and went to bed.

Day 3
Tuesday was pretty much the same thing. Got up, ate breakfast, went to the beach, walked around, etc. Had I been on my own, like when I travelled to Australia, I would have made a bigger effort to make new friends, but I was there to just relax and have a good time. I was with Ira, and that was fine with me

Things got bit heated at night.

On our way to the buffet for supper, it was raining so we ran for the shuttle bus. As the bus pulled up, sitting in the car right in front was the three Hot Sisters and their mom.

We chatted with them and found out that they were on their way to eat at one of the restaurants. I felt a bit awkward because Ira made it obvious that he moved out of the way to make me sit next Hot Sister #3.

We all head to the lobby where the buffet is and the Sisters head out to continue down to the restaurant. Even thought we told them a fast way to get there, the mom convinced them to go a different way.

Hot Sister #3, whom I found out later didn't' really get a long with Hot Sister #2 at all or her mother that much either, decided to stay back for a few minutes to talk to Ira and I.

She then asked how to get to the restaurant so I pulled out a map and started to show her. In my head I was thinking that I could just walk her but I didn't see the need.

Ira, on the other hand, had the same idea and did think I should walk her so mid sentence while I was saying something to her, he cuts me off, looks into my eyes and in a very serious and obvious manner says:

"Elwood, I'm going to the bathroom for ten minutes I'll be back later..."and leaves.

WHO GOES TO THE BATHROOM FOR TEN MINUTES! I understand where his heart was and he was trying to help me out but a) I wasn't asking for any help. I wasn't trying to pick her up or anything. b) If he's going to make a reason to leave, he should say something that makes sense!
Something like "I'll be back in 10 minutes" or "I'm going tot he bar/bathroom" or even " I left something in the room, I'll be right back". Those are valid reasons to leave. Not I'm going to the bathroom for ten minutes!

I felt so embarrassed on the inside. I played it cool though, and even made fun of it because it was so obvious. I said "Well, now that he's gone, I guess I could walk you to the restaurant...".

She declined which actually made me feel better but said she'd be at the main bar after dinner.

So after dinner,
we went to the main bar and waited for her. I didn't' mind waiting but I did mind how my brother wouldn't shut the fuck up about "my chances" and how I should "go for her" and all this shit.

The way I see it, she was really drunk and I was the guy at the right time and the right place. I could tell that she's a very outgoing, extroverted type of person. So to her, it's just having fun and that's what I was taking it as, just fun.

If she was a shy person and we had a connection, that would have been different. Had she never really been with someone this week would be a way to live in a fantasy world with the sun and beach and everything, then yeah that would have been something completely different. And as much as I would have liked that, thanks to movies always showing that that's what happens on vacation, I knew that wasn't the case here and I was just hanging out instead.

I kind of snapped at Ira and thankfully he dropped it for the rest of the week.

We ended up hanging out with Hot Sisters #1 and #3 and played some pool and had a couple of drinks. Dan the Man stopped by, flirted with Hot Sister #3 and then left.

The girls wanted to call it an early night and so because I was tired, so we all went back to the apartment complexes (ours being next to each other) and said good night.

1 comment:

Famously Single said...

Ira, Ira, Ira...the worst wing man!