Sunday, March 15, 2009

Date # 8 Gloria

I had to work almost all day Saturday which really sucked but it was okay because I knew I had a date that night with Gloria.

I had called her in the afternoon to sort out the details of our night time plans.

The night started with meeting for gourmet pizza at an Italian restaurant. I got to the meeting spot, just before she showed up.

Gloria is almost as tall as me, not skinny but not overweight either and has a very pretty face.

We chatted over dinner and turns out she's very into comedy as well. She has an accent (she's Israeli) which I couldn't tell if I thought was cute or annoying ( i know it's not her fault but I felt it a bit of a turn off).

After dinner we walked over to a theatre to watch this great circus/comedy/jazz show. The show was kind of like this funky Seasame Street type world with a clown, trapeze artists, a juggler, a jazz musician all living in an apartment building.

After the show, Gloria told me she had to get up early and had to call it a night so I told her I'd walk her since she was on my way.

When we got to the spot where we had to split, I nervously kind of stood there and she looked right at me. I said something along the lines of "I had fun tonight, we should hang out again" and she simply replied with a distant "You're too funny...". So then I reassured her with a "we should do something again this week". Then we did the kiss-on-the-cheek thing and she was off.

Overall I had fun but I didn't feel blown away by her. I don't think I'd want to pursue anything but I also wouldn't mind seeing her at least one more time, just to make sure.

I realize I really don't know what I want. I know I don't want anything serious and I have it in my head that once I start dating someone, that's it. Like now, I'm single so I can go out and flirt with girls and try to meet lots of people but if I start dating the first girl I meet, then that's that. Plus i have a lot of potential dates with other people coming up.

I'll most likely call her again this week to do something. I just hope it's for all the right reasons.

--

After Gloria and i split ways at 10:30pm, my night was anything but over. Turns out friends of mine were performing an improv show in honor of St Patrick's Day. Basically the appeal of the show was to watch them do comedy while getting totally wasted.

At the show i bumped into an old buddy of mine from high school and sat with him and his friends. Shortly after I realized I know quite a few people there.

The show itself was a lot of fun with all the performers getting fucking trashed.

After the show, a girl I had never met before come up to me to ask a question:

Random girl - "Hi, I have a random question for you"
Elwood - "Shoot"
Random Girl - "Are you on Plentyoffish...?"
Elwood - : "Yeah"
Random Girl - " I thought I recognized you.

We ended up chatting a little bit. I never exchanged info but I'm going to try and remember her face so I can locate her on Plentyoffish.

--
One last piece of news:
I received last night my matches from the speed dating event. I only had one match and don't remember who this person was but thanks to facebook I found a picture and can now associate her face with her name.

Again, I wasn't really thrown back by anyone at the event but i"m willing to give one date a chance.

No comments: