Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Productive Day

Yesterday was a pretty productive day.

After work I rushed home to cook dinner. The reason was to get my costume ready for Purim. Purim is a Jewish holiday that is basically halloween in March. The point of the holiday is to dress up, read the story of the holiday from a book (the book of Ester) and get shit-faced drunk until you can't recognize anyone.

No really, that's the point.

So, I took my Iron Man costume I built in October for Halloween out of retirement (A.K.A. it's box).

I went to the grocery store to get a few things for dinner and decided it was the perfect time for me to call Gloria. Surprisingly enough, I didn't feel nervous as the phone rang. I guess I'm getting used to calling girls.

She picked up and we ended up chatting for about 20 minutes before I let her go to cook supper.

The first thing I noticed about her was her accent or lack there of, actually. See, Gloria is Israeli and I figured she'd have a super thick accent (which I don't find so sexy) but she actually only had a minor one which wasn't so bad.

The second thing I noticed is how mature she sounded on the phone. She's only 1 year older than me but just her mannerisms on the phone made her sound like someone in their 40s. Maybe I'm just immature for my age. Who knows.

In any case she sounded interesting enough and I'm still up for having a coffee with her this weekend. We are to tentatively go out Saturday night.

After dinner I headed to the Purim Party. Not much happened.

There were a lot of young drunken people. I got a lot of comments from people about how rad my costume was. How I was the coolest looking Power Ranger. I was thrilled and.... Wait.. Power Ranger?! That was probably the downfall of my night but I did get a little buzzed and there were cute girls looking and talking to me even if they can't figure out the difference between Iron Man and the Red Power Ranger.

So I walked home buzzed and decided while half asleep, that it was the perfect time to e-mail Comic Book Girl. I was so tired, my eyes kept closing as I typed.

This morning at worked I cringed when I checked the e-mail I sent in anticipation to find loads of spelling mistakes and sentences that didn't make sense. thankfully, the e-mail turned out ok.

Basically I told her I'd like to hang out and proposed dinner (or coffee) and a show (i.e. My Show) for tonight but if she couldn't/wasn't up for that, that there was a Local DJ spinning music while you hang out and Draw, next Monday and that if she was interested, we should go together.

I never heard back from her, but it's reasonable because she seems like a very busy person.
Anyways, I never made it to the show because my mom was in the hospital. She has a history of stomach problems and it was bothering her today. When I got tot the Hospital, she was in a lot of pain but before I left a couple of hours later, she felt fine. Whatever it was stopped hurting. She was just waiting for some results as I left. Fingers crossed that everything is ok.

I'm bound to hear from CBG later this week.

No comments: