Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Need for Speed II - More Speed!

Last night I went to another Speed Dating Event. It was organized by the same people as the last one I went to.

I had a really long day (week, actually) at work, so it was nice to have something to do at night.

This time, the organizers learned a lot from their first event. It was a lot smoother than the previous one. It started more or less on time, no bartender, jut help yourself and no stopping in the middle for a wine tasting/commercial for wine crap.

This time there were 16 guys and 16 girls as opposed to 26 the last time. Nevertheless it was fun.
Of the girls, only one had been there at the previous event. Ira and myself were among a few guys who came back.

For the most part, the people I met were ok. I wasn't blown away from anyone in particular but a few were nice. So, I ended up marking down perhaps 8 people.

This morning I received an e-mail stating that the results will be sent by Sunday night latest and that they were excited because everyone "had a match".

I'm curious to see how many and who I'm matched with.

Regardless, I'm going on a date tomorrow night with Gloria.

I gave her a call last week. She sounded nice and apparently knows one of my friends.

I arranged to go for coffee or something and that I'd call her back before Staurday. I phoned her tonight and I got the impression she was happy to hear from me.

Tomorrow nigth I'm taking her to see a theatre/coemdy/circus/jazz musician show.

I'll let you guys know how it went!

1 comment: