Monday, March 9, 2009

When it Rains it Pours

I came home tonight from a very fun night at the theatre. I got into the show and got a few laugh. I lasted until the second round (for those who're completely lost, I do Improv Comedy at a theatre once a week and perform in an elimination type show).

So I walk into my room, plop onto my computer chair and check my e-mail. I got not one but two interesting e-mails.

The first came from Gloria. I was kind of expecting some kind of response, good or bad. Well it was a good one sine I got some digits! I'm super busy this week but I'll give her a call sometime during the week and hopefully get a chance to meet her on the weekend perhaps.

The second e-mail came from Comic Book Girl. This was a bit more unexpactant. Turns out she was just super busy this past week and didn't get a chance to write to me. She asked me if I "want to hang out sometime". See Beatrix, guys aren't the only ones to break the rules.

I'm really curious to meet this person. She sounds odd and different. Qualities I like. In fact there is this event going on in my city that i think is perfect for us to go to. It's a local Dj playing spinning music while you come, listen and draw something. The only shitty thing is I'm not available for the next session. It's 3 Mondays in a row and tomorrow is the 2nd Monday, so I'll have to wait until next Monday.

However, in her e-mail CBG also showed interest in wanting to come see one of my shows. I know it's better to meet her on a 1 on 1 basis first and not to just invite her to a show where I'll have time for maybe a quick hello. I was thinking, though, that perhaps I can meet her for coffee first and then head to the show with her and perform. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone. What do you think?

I also forgot to mention that one of the reasons I'm so busy this week is that I'm going to another Speed Dating Event, thanks to Ira's pushing, on Thursday.

So expect a lot of posting soon.

3 comments:

Trips said...

Isn't that always the case? You either have nothing going on or everything... make sure you meet up with Comic Book girl..I'm interested in what will happen with that!

MARY IN SCOTLAND said...

coffee first then your show is a great idea! the if you both like each other drinks later!!

Good job on getting some digits!!
You are becoming a pro!

harper & beatrix said...

the difference is that this girl already knows you want to see her. so she can ask you to hang out.

ball's in your court.

~beatrix