Saturday, April 4, 2009

Another Try

After receiving a call from Gloria on Thursday almost out of the blue (she called me once she came back into town which I wasn't really expecting), I decided to give it another try and meet her again.

The plan was to perhaps meet tonight for something. What wasn't planned was for my brother to get an infection on his face and have to be brought to the Emergency Section at the local hospital. We arrived at 8:30 pm last night and he was finally seen at 9:00am this morning.

Yes, I was in the waiting room for almost twelve hours! I slept a total of person 2 hours and managed to stay awake the rest of the day.

I called Gloria in the afternoon to see if she was still up for meeting and we had a nice little chat on the phone. This was the first time I actually had full attention into our phone call. When she called me on Thursday (and even during our date a couple of weeks ago), I just had a really hard time listening and paying attention. This time was different. Surprisingly, aside from being exhausted, I was pretty focused.

I had to go and she said she'd ring me up later this day to figure out our plans.

During the afternoon, being totally sleep deprived made me think of this time with Wendy when we first started dating. I had done something that involved staying up all night the night before and regardless of that we had arranged to get together and just stay in and watch a movie. We ended up cuddling and it was one of our first moments really close to each other. I remember it distinctively because it's also when I told her I was a virgin and she was ok with it (although her being ok with it didn't last forever... but that's a whole different story).

So, as a first instinct that is kind of what I wanted to do, just watch a movie and cuddle up with someone (not necessarily Gloria) but I soon realized that that was too soon a thing to be thinking of or suggesting for a second date. So instead, when Gloria just called me 5 minutes and waking me up from napping (I slept an hour and I'm feeling so groggy now), I didn't mention anything about renting a movie. Instead, we decided on going for coffee and then watching a movie in the cinema.

It was actually that she helped me decide on what to do. When I dated Wendy I always had to come up with suggestions and then she'd never have any answers:

Elwood: "So what do you want to do tonight?"
Wendy: "I don't know"
Elwood: "How about we go see a movie"
Wendy: "No..."
Elwood: "Do you want to play pool?"
Wendy: "No..."
Elwood: "Do you want to go bowling?"
Wendy: "No..."
18 more suggestions later
Elwood: " Do you want to do (suggestion # 18)?"
Wendy: "No..."
Elwood: "So what do you want to do??"
Wendy: "I don't know..."

This went on every week! In the end we'd most likely rent a movie and just fall asleep together until one of us went home.

Anyways, back to Gloria.

I have this feeling that I keep coming across to Gloria as a little weird (especially now since I'm having a hard time thinking straight from just waking up) but on the other hand feel that she's really curious as to who I am and how I function.

Well, I better get ready for my date!

No comments: