Wednesday, April 22, 2009

That doesn't happen everyday

I wanted to continue my post on Chicago but I got home late and my brother Ira called me to ask about the trip, so I'll have to write the rest sometime later this week, maybe on the weekend.

In the meantime, to tie you over, something interesting happened on the way home from the comedy tonight.

The show was cancelled but we ended up talking about group "business" for about an hour and half. I ended up at the pharmacy to buy a few things I needed and for some weird reason decided to give Sheira a call. It was a tad awkward since I hadn't spoken to her in over 6 months but I was curious to see how she was doing. Nothing fueled why we lost touch, we just kind of did. I got busy and just never called her, and the same for her I guess.

She was doing well and suggested we jam sometime soon (she also plays guitar).

it was pretty late when I got out of the pharmacy. Between the talking and looking for hand lotion, I was there for like 20 minutes.

I took the subway to my stop and on the way out I had just missed the bus. This cute girl also noticed the bus drive off and we started to chat about it. Then I discovered she was from France in town for a couple of months. We continued chatting on the bus. She handed me a card for this exhibit she's involved in (she's here for some internship).

I felt bad I didn't have a card to give her in return but I did tell her about my improv shows and the free workshops I go to once a week. She asked me to write down the info so I included my number without saying anything.

I asked her where her exhibit was and she took back the card to give the address and had added her number as well.

I also discovered she lives 2 blocks from me as I was getting off the bus. She gave me a handshake and said goodbye.

So now the question is, what do I do? Looks like I may have to brush up on my french, haha.

No comments: