Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Thank You

After reading what Dolce wrote as a response to my last post, I realized that a lot of the stuff I've been posting lately is about me being down. You're right, I'm such a loser...

Just kidding!

I know I have a lot of good qualities to offer and that there are people int he world with way worse problems. So, thank you Dolce and Beatrix for your comments. I think they are the quick kick to the ass I needed.

I have this tendency (like some people, I guess) that when I feel down, I just keep digging a bigger hole, and it takes me a while to get out. For example, I went to the dentist and found out it was nothing. He explained to me that it's my sinuses due to the fact I've had a blocked nose for the past 2 weeks (from a cold or something). So I was all worried for nothing.

Today already turned out to be a lot better than I thought because my insane to make deadline got cancelled. So I get to take it much easier today and not stress.

My flight is tonight and I arrive in Chicago at 8pm.

I took out a guide book from my library yesterday and have a pretty good idea of all the things I want to check out. Plus there is a party I can go to for free every night I'm there so I'll try and check them out.

I feel like this is the closest trip I'm taking to when I was in Australia in the sense that I'll be somewhere new and be around people from all over the place.

When I get off the plane, I'm just going to enjoy my time there and not worry about anything that's been bothering me here lately.

When I get back, I promise to write some fun posts about my trip (without any mention of tooth aches, being sick or being down, haha).

Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

Dolce said...

Wow, I didn't know I inspired such a post!

Well written, Elwood.

And if anything, that's what I'm hear for - a solid kick of reality.

I hope you have a blast in Chicago. It's my favorite US city!