Tuesday, January 31, 2012

More of New Years Eve Girl

About 2 weeks ago I received a Facebook chat message from New Years Eve Girl.

We spoke for a bit and patched things up about how awkward it was her last night in town. She even invited me to visit whenever I wanted.

I thought about it a lot and decided I wanted to go. I hadn't been traveling on my own in a long time plus I have other friends and even family I could see in her city.

She was cool having me come and I'm visiting her this weekend.

After I settled things with my train ticket I got a little nervous and was afraid I hadn't thought it through enough.

First was the fact I realized I barely know her and I'll be staying with her. Then I discovered both the friend I was hoping to meet up with and my aunt and uncle are out of town that weekend, so I have no one else to visit but NYE girl. Which is fine but if she turns out crazy I'm on my own.

Then there's this underlying notion of 'us'. I admit at first I was a bit excited on how this could be a booty call but kept on mind it might not. Well when we were making arrangements, She kept hinting I'm coming as a friend. So to avoid awkwardness when I arrive, I brought it up and in the open. She said we will be friends who cuddle. However I'm sleeping in her bed with her because the couch is too small (according to her).

Weve been chatting online every night this week since I bought my ticket and she sounds pretty stressed. I want to have a stress free weekend ago in making sure to be laid back and just go with the flow.

More to come on my trip.

No comments: