Friday, January 13, 2012

My beliefs vs your brliefs

b>Name: Messiah

First contact: Sometime in beginning of December, 2011

How'd we meet: OK Cupid
I found her profile online, read it and thought she was interesting and cute. E-mailed her but no answer until 1 month later.

The situation:
After a couple of back and forth emails we met up for dinner. All you can eat sushi.

It was pretty relaxed because the pretext of out encounter was that Messiah is just new to town and looking to make friends. She's definitely interesting because she's travelled the world and seen many things.

The dealbreaker: religion.

During our dinner the topic of religion came up.

Turns out she believes in a strain of Judaism that isn't common (her religion believes Jesus is the messiah and remained Jewish).

I don't like to judge people and if that's what she believes, great. She sounded very passionate about it.

It's just her beliefs really clash with mine. I wouldn't say to the point I can't hang out with her but definitely nothing romantic.

Maybe I am judging but I just didn't get the best vibe.

No comments: