Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Bad Timing

Here's my first attempt at recapping my dates. As mentioned in my previous post, a majority are people I met online. This makes it easier for me to remember the person and when we met. I mainly stick to 2 sites, Plentyoffish and OK Cupid! Unfortunately, POF erases messages after a while so I'll have to go by memory of the encounters from there.


So here goes :)


-----

Name: Gigi

First contact: Dec 9th, 2010

How'd we meet: OK Cupid/A party

The situation: I received a message from Gigi on OK Cupid. She said she read my profile and just had to contact me. She looked familiar to me and then I realized...

The dealbreaker:
...That I had met her at a party a week earlier. A party I was invited to by Cute Jew 2 (you can read all about her and why she stopped talking to me, here ). Cute Jew 2 and I had just started to date and this party was full of girls, all her friends. I knew no one. I remember eyeing Gigi a bit at the party.

The other thing that was a real deal breaker, even had I not been with Cute Jew 2 at the time, was the fact she had picked a terrible picture for her profile. She looked pale like a vampire and her hair looked wet and flat. In real life I knew she was much prettier.

So yeah we actually never met. Then things went sour real quick with Cute Jew 2, which started my drought of dates until about June.


1 comment:

stephanie clara said...

Hello Elwood,
and welcome back.

Can I ask you, out of curiosity, why you feel like listing your dates? What does it add to your life?
And why do you do it in a mathematical way, as if it were about numbers and not persons?

It's no criticism, just a question...


stephanie