Friday, April 4, 2008

7 day planner

It's official, I'm meeting Sheira for coffee on Sunday.

That was the most painstakingly draggy experience I ever had to get a date.

It goes by almost all logic to the book I'm reading about Pick Up Artists. Their theory is that the girl should do all the work, that the guy shouldn't seem so eager and needy.

However, Sheira made me do all the work: I had to ask her. I had to pick a day. I had to pick a better day for her.

In the end, instead of continuing to ask her if this time o r place was ok, I just told her "We're meeting there and this time!"

I think she liked that I took assertive action.

Now that I have the date, I'm sweating bullets.

I have to tell myself that it's just two people meeting together and having coffee. There is nothing more to that. I don't mean to put myself down but she just seems like someone who wouldn't date someone like me.

She was a bit drunk at the party and I happen to be on top of my game that night, but on Sunday she'll be sober and I'll be showing her the real me.

Don't get me wrong, I like who I am, it's just she may not like the real me as much of who she though I was last weekend.

Either way I'm sure I'll be fine and it'll go fine.

In the meantime I got 3 parties to go to tomorrow night. Three!

I'm glad to see I"m back to my pre-Wendy days when every weekend was an adventure.

1 comment:

JRM said...

WOOT! Glad it's officially official ;)

Hmm, the woman is supposed to do all the work, eh? Personally, I hate chasing. No games... but I wasn't the smartest dater on the block either.