Monday, April 28, 2008

Get over it

I don't understand it.

I'm sure it's a normal thing but it's still confusing.

My friend Maynard told me that when he broke up with his girlfriend (it was a bad break up) that it took him 6 months to get over her. It's been almost 4 months since Wendy and I broke up. At first it was hard because we still hung out the first 2 months, but the last month wasn't so bad. I started going out again. I was hanging out with my brother. A lot of things were distracting me, including the big move (less than a week!) but this past week or so has just been so hard!

I'm not hoping to get back together with her or anything, remembering all of the good times together is making being single hard on me. I miss a lot of things.

I know what sparked this path down memory lane. I let me guard down.

Wendy and I were sending short messages back and forth on facebook. Recently the last few got a bit longer. Finally she sent me this:

"Would you maybe wanna grab a coffee or something after passover? I miss talking to you and I think it would be nice..but if you're not ready or uncomfortable with it, I totally understand..."

Yesterday when I was cleaning out my room didn't help either. I found a birthday card from her and even a piece of paper with her number on it. It must have been the first time I got it from her.

I'm actually terrified to see her anytime soon. I hope this is normal, but i don't feel ready yet. I wonder if she's over me yet either?

Actually as I sort of mentioned in the last post, I think I was using Victoria as a means to get over Wendy, but there wasn't even anything there (ex: I liked when she called, but Victoria would never actually talk to me so it wasn't really like when I used to talk to Wendy at all).

Anyways, the rest of this week will be really busy with moving and once I'm downtown I'll be so busy learning how to cook, do laundry and clean my room that I won't be thinking of Wendy or Victoria.

I know that once I'm settled in downtown, I'll be able to go out more an dhave much more interesting things to talk about then the same ol' crap I keep repeating.

1 comment:

JRM said...

I'd be terrified as well. Best to say no for awhile longer until the thought doesn't make you react so strongly, imo.