Sunday, April 20, 2008

My nerves will be the death of me

As dull as my weekend has been, it was quite nice and relaxing.
It's currently passover and I spent the whole weekend helping my folks around the house.

both Saturday and Sunday nights were the sedars (big meals), so I didn't get to go out at all this weekend.

One thing I was looking forward to was calling Psych.

She had asked me to call her this weekend since she'd be done her exams by then. So, this afternoon, I gave her a call.

No answer and her machine was full.

Just before supper time I remembered to try her again. I was going to wait until after supper but then decided I was just making excuses and bit the bullet and just called her.

She picked up and sounded confused at first until I told her who I was. She was with her friends enjoying the weather outside. I was jealous because I would have rather been downtown having fun then stuck at home for family dinner but soon enough I'll be on my own and have all the freedom in the world.

Anyways, back to the phone call, we had very short chit chat and then agreed to meet on Tuesday after work for coffee. I tried playing it cool on the phone but got as we were saying goodbye that she really wanted to get off the phone. She was with her friends so I guess that was why, but no matter what the reason, for no particular reason at all I just felt stupid.

I don't know why, but I get that way sometimes. Even when I was first dating Wendy, I remember I was talking to my real good buddy Spider Dude on the phone while lying on my floor freaking out from being so nervous around her. After I while I got really comfortable with her and the nervousness went away, but it's the fact that it stated after she already showed interest in me that bothered me most.

In any case, I know I have nothing to worry about now, because Psych obviously seems interested (to meet for coffee at least) because we already agreed on a time, otherwise she would have made some excuse.

I guess it may be the fact that I met Wendy almost the exact same way and am just adding extra pressure for no reason.

I've been feeling ansy the rest of the night. I know everything will be ok but it's like Dallas Green (of Alexisonfire and City and Color) sings: "My nerves will be the death of me!"

I promise to write how things go on Tuesday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your nerves are absolutely NORMAL. From your writings I know you as an empathic and sensitive guy. Those feelings are in line with who you are.

Don't be to hard on yourself. You're doing great! Have fun on tuesday.