Monday, April 28, 2008

No more excuses

One more week until I move out, hence the lack of posts. Also, once I move, I won't have a computer at first (thinking of giving this one to my parents and buying a new one) so it will be difficult to update regularly but I'll try to squeeze some in at work before I start my day.

Aside from that, right now I'm pretty tired and feeling kind of down. The weather outside sucks.
It's been super nice for more than a week and now it's raining like mad outside and it's cold and dreary.

On top of that I think my blooming friendship with Victoria has been cut short.

I was supposed to do something with her tonight and we played that phone tag thing again. I was the one who initiated that we hang out. However, she was supposed to go out and eat with a friend and I was with my parents having dinner in a restaurant. I was supposed to call her when I was done eating.

When I finished dinner I was exhausted. I decided I didn't feel like running back downtown to hang out with her. I called her up and she told me she hadn't even heard from her friend yet. So, in my head i thought she would cancel with me and all would be good since I didn't want to go out anymore. Instead, she didn't say anything so I stepped up and just said I was near my house and was going to go home. She sounded very annoyed and said something like "oh, ok then. Talk to you later". I told her i was sorry and that soon we'd get to do something because I'll be downtown. She didn't seem to care. I don't blame her since I've been saying that every time I canceled and according to her I canceled 5 times in a row. I could tell she just wanted to get off the phone with me and probably thinks I'm a jerk or something.

It's funny because:
-I'm not usually like this
-She barely knows me and now sees me as being this way
-Each time some thing just happened to come up that would make me cancel
-I know that if this kept happening to me I'd stop talking to the person also

So I feel bad.

I feel that all people are different (duh) and I know how I am. I have some attributes I could live without, one of them is caring how people think about me. I know most people could give a shit about what others think. I try to have that attitude but I've come to terms that deep down inside I like to please others and I hate it when I know others don't look at me in a positive way. Hence why I feel bad about how things ended up with Victoria. I could call her back and try to fix things but I have a feeling that will just make things worse. I guess it's best to let her before a week or two. Actually, I just realized that she's moving in 3 days and I'm not sure if her phone number will work anymore. Maybe it's best I just forget about her.

I hate to admit it but I have a feeling that deep down inside I was enjoying her phone calls because it was a nice step since not having Wendy call me anymore.

Speaking of which, I have a whole other post to go with that.

2 comments:

JRM said...

Of course you appreciated her phone calls! It's so nice to have someone show interest!! Don't feel guilt for letting her help you move on. Not like you knocked her up or something drastic ;)

Leigh said...

dude..

EVERYONE cares about what other people think.