Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Entering the game

Yesterday I met with Leigh briefly so she could lend me a book called The Game - Penetrating the secret society of pickup artists by Neil Strauss.

It's a book about Pick Up Artists - people who follow certain "rules" and use "tricks" to pick up all kinds of women (mostly beautiful). It's not a How to guide, but more of a documentation on how the author (famous for the biographies of Motley Crue, Dave Navarro, Marilyn Manson and Jenna Jameson) trained to become a pick up artist himself. It does, however, list terms and give details on the things he learned and how they work.

Although I am currently in the middle of a fantasy book, as much as I want to read about the adventures of a drow elf and his friends, I'm going to put it aside now to immerse myself in learning about negging, IOI's and other such things. Sorry Drizz't Duorden, but a guy's got to learn. Haha.

I havn't been able to put the book down since yesterday. I'm already 1/4 through it. I'm not planning on becoming a professional pick up artist or hoping to use the skills to get laid but there are a lot of useful tips that I can at least consider to help in my confidence to meet people. I'll see if I ever have the guts to use some of these skills.

If i do, I promise to write about it here.

On a side note, I did end up adding Sheira on my facebook list and messaged her about coffee. She still insists on treating me and wants to meet this week. Unfortunately she's only available really late during the week (which is tough for me living for from the city) or Sunday. I told her Sunday was good but have yet to hear a confirmation.

I'll admit I'm kind of excited that I met a cute girl at a party and she actually wants to go for coffee but I'm not really looking for anything. If anything, at least I'll know someone new to hang out with once I move downtown this summer.

2 comments:

JRM said...

Sounds like a fascinating read! Share some of the good stuff! Whether you intend to use it or not LOL And GOOD WORK on the coffee! yay!

Leigh said...

F'kyea!!

I'll be your pivot.