Thursday, April 10, 2008

Hockey night

So tonight I hung out with Victoria.

She told me to meet her at a bar to watch the hockey game. I got there before her and when she showed up I discovered the large group next to me were in fact her friends.

We talked but mostly during commercials since she seems to be a huge hockey fan.

She made it her goal to get drunk and she kept saying how tipsy she was getting.

She started talking to some guys next to us and they gave her, her roommate and I free beer, so that was cool.

Victoria is definitely an outgoing social person. She kept saying stuff to her roommate like "See how funny Elwood is? He's awesome!", but not in a way that she loves me. More in a way that she's like that with everyone, which is fine by me. I'm just enjoying her company.


After the game I had to go home since I live far away from downtown.

On the way home, I missed my bus, waited 30 minutes for the next one and then started to fall asleep halfway home.

My phone rang and I was certain it was my mom looking for me (yes i still live with my parents), but it wasn't her.

It was Victoria.

The conversation was half half. I was happy she called me back, but she was drunk and it was hard to tell how much she was actually paying attention to what she or I said.

She did tell me that she was glad we hung out and that she wished I could stay out longer next time. She also blamed me for getting her drunk which was absolutely not true, so I neged her about it.

She's just a very friendly person, it seems, but regardless I think the more comfortable I become with women, even totally as friends, will help me when I am interested in someone.

2 comments:

JRM said...

Wow, such wisdom... you are totally right, that the more comfortable you are just talking with women, the easier it will be when the sparks do fly. :)

You need to find that apartment and move. Soon. The distance is interfering with your love life! ;)

Elwood said...

You're telling me.
I blame living far away from downtown and not having my own place for not meeting as many women when I went to University.

What girl would want to cab out to the suburbs (about 45 minute ride) to come home with me to my PARENTS place?