Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I don't understand this girl!

For the past 5 days I've been playing phone tag with Victoria.

She'd call me at a bad time, I'd call back and leave a message, she'd call me back and it'd be a bad time, etc. I don't even remember why I called her in the first place!

I called her Sunday night and left a message to ask for contract advice for the apartment I'm moving into. Monday morning, 9am, at work she calls me and says "Hey, you called?". I was at work so I made it short and told her I'd call her back. I did but she wasn't home, so I left a message to apologize if I was rude. 2 hours later my phone vibrates and i missed her call, I call back:

Me- "Hey sorry for missing your call"
Victoria- "It's ok, so I got your message." (No comment on my message, confusion on my end ensued...)
Me- "Which message are you referring to?"
Victoria- "You called me Yesterday"
Me- "Um, I spoke to you this morning..."
Victoria- "Oh you did?"
Me- "Yeah"

I can't remember why but she had to go. Note we still haven't actually had a real conversation yet.

Tuesday night she finally called me to do something (go to a BBQ) but I couldn't make it.

Today at work, she calls me again and totally sounded like a girlfriend with her "Heeyyyyyyy!" intro. Again I told her I was busy at work. Now she calls to ask if i need help with contract advice (which I had originally asked for on SUNDAY!).

After work I call her back. We talk briefly because she is with a friend.

Just now, at 11:30pm, my phone rings and it her again:

Me- "Hey"
Victoria- "Hey how's it going?"
Me- "Good, you?"
Victoria- "Did you call me?"
Me- "Um no? I spoke to you earlier..."
Victoria- "I spoke to you today?"
Me- "Yeah"

Now here is the point of the conversation where you'd expect her to be all "so what's new" and we actually start talking about ANYTHING!

No.

Victoria- "Oh, well sorry to bother you"
Me- "Are you okay? you seem to be confused a lot lately"
Victoria- "Yeah I'm fine, just been out lately and trying to call back those who keep calling me"
Me- "Oh ok...."
Me- " You know we've only hung out once and we're doing all this calling back and forth"
Victoria- "Oh. Lets do something tomorrow"
Me- "THis week is tough because of Passover, but soon"
Victoria- "Oh, ok. Well, sorry to bother you"
Me- "You're not bothering me!" (Meanwhile i"m thinking "TALK ABOUT SOMETHING!"

Then she said goodbye and hung up.

She calls me more than Wendy did and at least Wendy and I had conversations!

This girl is going to drive me crazy!

1 comment:

JRM said...

Wow, no advice or interpretations on this one... wonder if she's doing the black-out thing???

Oh, and you've been tagged on my blog. Check it out ;) It'll probably bring a few people over here to check YOU out, too :D