Sunday, March 30, 2008

Same ol' Elwood

For the first time in a long time, I was at a party and had a lot of fun.

A friend of mine, Persia, was throwing a house party tonight to celebrate the Iranian New Years (she's Iranian).

At first I was in a corner talking to the only friends of mine who were there besides the people who live there (I'm friends with both roomates) but then I moved to the central part of the party to mingle with others.

I ended up talking to two guys (Guy #1 and Guy #2) for a while until this girl (a friend of Guy #2) showed up and sat next to me. I'll call her Sheira because she kept talking about He-man all night.

All three people were really cool and Sheira wasn't really giving me any more attention than the other 2 guys but she was kind of joking around with me, poked me a few times, etc. She even offered me one of her beers (I only sipped one all night because I was driving).

I got up for a while and mingled, which allowed one of the Guy #1 to move closer to her.

I didn't intend to do anything, but I ended up sitting back where I was before and may or may not have cock blocked the guy. He finished his sentence to Sheira and then gave me a wink.

I have no idea what that meant but first thing I thought was him gesturing "you should go for her,s he's yours, I stand down". Now I know that is a lot to gather from a wink, but thats what it felt like. So, I offered to move but Sheira was ok with me staying, saying I wasn't intruding on anything.

At one point Sheira commented that I like to smile a lot.

She was probably looking at me from time to time, but I'm so bashful when it comes to talking to women that I tend to stare away a lot, so I'll never know if we could have had an eye locking moment or not. I think I need to work on that in the future.

We all kept hanging out for a couple of hours talking about all kinds of stuff. The others were pretty drunk but now everyone was winding down, losing their buzz and just getting tired.

Being the nice guy I am, since they were fun people, I offered Guy #2 and Sheira a ride to their places (Guy #1 went home already).

Guy #2 was closer, so I dropped him off and was alone with Sheira.

We got a chance to talk some more. Sheira had just moved to My City recently and ended up being in the same lab group as Persia, which is how they know each other and explains how Sheira got to the party.


I can't remember how, but I ended up saying that she was a likable person and she seemed to like that comment (well, who wouldn't?)

Now here's where I wonder if I could have done something.

We commented on the time and how tired we both were. She then asked if I wanted some coffee so I wouldn't fall asleep (in a sort of "I'm kidding but seriously" kind of way).

I could have said yes, but it was late (1:30am) and I couldn't tell if she offered more for her safety or because she wanted to hang out a bit more. She told me she wanted to repay me for the lift and it would be her treat.

I said I was fine and ended up driving her straight home.

She said she had fun, that it was nice meeting me and would see me around.

I was tempted to tell her that since we never went for that coffee, would she like to some other time, but instead, in a typical Elwood fashion, I just chuckled and said "ok".

I wasn't trying to do anything but I wonder if I came across as completely not interested (as in to never talk to her again).

I think she may have had a little thing for me but I'm so bad at these things.

I'm still tempted to joke about a raincheck on facebook (I found her profile through Persia's facebook page) and ask her for coffee but decided to wait until tomorrow.

I need to come across more suave I think.

5 comments:

Elwood said...

"What you are missing is confidence" - That's the story of my life in everything.

In any case I had fun and now i know for the next time.

Anonymous said...

this is frustrating to read. get into the seduction community already.

JRM said...

Hey, El, she'd would love a follow-up on FaceBook asking for a coffee. Do it. Right now.

"Hey, I enjoyed meeting you the other night and would enjoy getting together for that coffee some time."

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Venture forth, young Jedi. (ooh, corny)

Elwood said...

One step ahead of you JRM, I just didn't have a chance to blog about it .
I messaged her yesterday and we're to meet for coffee Sunday. Still her treat. She insists.

JRM said...

Excellent! :)