Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The next chapter

I feel now that I've gotten some people's attention (i.e. the, what... 3 or 4 people who read this blog?) that I have to find some more juicy things to write about. That come in the future but not too too soon. I still want to take it easy for a bit but I thought I share with you guys what I have "planned".

I put planned in quotations because you can never truly plan your life.

I've made my decision to move on from Wendy, which for now seems a bit easier than I thought. However, I do have to remember it's only been 3 days!

I'm planning to move out in the next few months. Hopefully before summer. I need out of my parents basement. Although I lived on my own for a year in Australia, I think it's going to be better that I'm single when I move out on my own. I'm sure I'm going to have it hard for a while having to do everything on my own and learn how to be independant again.

Once I'm settled into my new independant life in the city (I currently live out in the boonies) it'll be way easier for me to go out and meet new people!

I'm not saying I'm hoping to go out and scope chicks (although it's always fun to try), but I'm really outgoing guy. In University I made tons of school friends and acquaintances. When I met Wendy, I was already heading into a new chapter in my life. All my friends had moved away, I had just started a professional job and was dating Wendy.

Having professional job alone changed the amount of free time I had to go to parties and see friends and meet new people. Then I ended up spending almost all my free time seeing Wendy. On top of that, because she was always tired, I rarely got to see my friends. She'd usually want to stay in and watch a movie then go out and hang with people, say at a party.

Now I feel like I can start doing that again.

It's time to meet new faces.

It will be a bit tough still living at home but at least I could get my feet a little wet before I go for a dive, hopefully sooner than later.

In the meantime I'm going to try and focus hard on finding what I could afford and how to get the gears moving. I'm afraid to admit it but I may need a room mate, which alone may be a huge challenge.

Here's to the next chapter in my life!

1 comment:

JRM said...

Excellent plans!!!! Cheers to The Next Chapter! *CLINK!*

(and you really have to remember that many many MANY people read but don't leave comments!)