Sunday, March 9, 2008

The follow up

Thank you all for your advice!

I genuinely took in altijdprijs and Leigh's advice but in the end, I decided to lean more towards JRM's approach (which was very similar to what my good friend Spider Dude told me the other day) and I e-mailed Wendy this short message:


Hey,
I saw the invite and understood it as genuine, but I thought about it a lot and don;t think it is a good idea if i attend. It feels too soon and I'm not ready yet.

Have a happy birthday.

Elwood

I almost didn't write anything because at first I didn't know what to write and then I got busy this weekend and was away from home.

I then decided to keep it short, stressing the point that I want space and sounded pleasant enough all at once.

Perhaps had it been 6 months since I last spoke to her i would have considered it but it has only been like 2 weeks.

I'll never know what she's thinking but to me it seems like she wants to ensure i"m not mad at her. I don't blame her. I'm the kind of person who hates to know if someone has bad feelings towards me. On the other hand, I"m not sure why she would think that I did.

I find it funny how we have second thoughts on things that we know never work out. Like say she decided maybe she really does miss me and wants me there, what would that do? Not much. Things didn't work out when we were together or when we tried getting back together so why the need for me to be around?

Soon enough we'll get over each other and then laugh to ourselves about how silly all this drama is.

1 comment:

JRM said...

Goooood margarita warning...

You are such a fucking great guy, El. Damn, I hope the next one fucks your brains out, sucks you dry with her mouth and spoons behind you nekkid until you get enough rest that you can do it all again. She'll be one damned lucky woman.

Damn, I'm a good bartender. lol