Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Even more craziness

Sorry I havn't had a chance to blog in a few days.
This past week has been nuts.

Not only because of all the things I previously mentioned but on top of that yesterday my brother Ira slipped on ice and shattered a bone in his hip.

He happens to work in a lab at a hospital and it happened down the street as he was leaving to go home.

A bystander helped him and called 911 for an ambulance.

He was in a lot of pain last night but he seemed better today. The worst thing is that he's devastated he has to cancel this trip he was planning for the past 6 months. The trip was an organized thing that happens once a year and he's not sure if it will be it's last year or not. On the other hand, he may miss a trip but at least it wasn't that serisous an injury that he won't be able to walk anymore.

He's having surgery done tomorrow morning.

I'm doing fine, just a bit shook up from it. My finger still hurts when I touch the tip and I can't bend my finger all the way, but soon enough it will heal fully.

Work is going ok and my boss is gone for the whole week so it's not that stressful.

I was feeling a bit down with everything that happened (Wendy, my finger, my glasses, my brother, etc.) . If there is ever a time I've felt like I needed someone to feel better, it was this past week. Part of me was temped to contact Wendy but I used my better judgment.

At the hospital, Ira's ex-wife showed up. A lot of my family members were not pleased, saying amongst themselves that her presence will only mess with my brothers head and that although she cares for him, they split and it's over.

That made me think and I realized that "needing" someone to feel better is not the best thing and that I can deal with this stuff in a better way than by calling Wendy and seeking comfort.

I have a feeling things will start to get better soon enough.

No comments: