Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Progress

This past week has been pretty crazy.

One thing that was bothering me was that Wendy had her birthday party this past Saturday. I was actually at a bar around the corner from her planned party.

I went out with the intentions to not think about her and have some fun.


For the most part, no fun was had at all.

I was at a bar with Body Builder but he ended up chatting up a much older, drunken woman. I was tired of waiting around and we had planned to go to a house party together, so I convinced him I"d head there early and meet him there.

On the way to the party I bought 6 pack case of beer. I arrived at the apartment, ring the bell and no answer.

I called the person. No answer.

So I bailed early and went home at 11:30pm.

I ended up staying up with Ira until 2am looking on online dating sites for potential dates (for both of us).

Actually, I recently decided to give internet dating a shot again and spent the night before updating my "online profile". This is what I came up with:

"Hey! I'm a super outgoing, funny and all around good guy (I give my seat on the bus to little old ladies). I've always got a smile on my face and get great joy out of making others laugh. My current hobbies include playing acoustic guitar, performing improvisational comedy (think Whose Line Is It Anyway), reading all kinds of books (fantasy, biographies, fiction) and playing floor hockey. I have a secret love for dressing up and am known to go a bit overboard when Halloween comes around. I am a graphic designer and I lived in Australia for a full year. I loved traveling and wish I could do it again, sooner than later.

Just putting myself out there to meet new and interesting people. I'd like to hang out with someone who can make me laugh at all the silly things they do, introduce me to new rock bands, and just walk and talk around the city for hours. Hey, if anything were to blossom from that, then bonus."


I already got a message from someone who contacted me out of the blue. We wrote back and forth twice so far but then I realized she's living in Vermont and she hasn't wrote back since.

Also, yesterday I saw pictures of Wendy's birthday party and it actually didn't bother me at all. In fact, I feel bad saying this, but after looking at her pictures, I didn't even find her as attractive as I once did.

I guess I'm on the right track to moving on...

No comments: