Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Let's talk about sex... or lack of

I've mentioned it a few times in past post, but to bring everyone up to speed:

I am a virgin.

Don't worry, I am not ashamed about it and am aware that there is nothing wrong with it. I'm just curious as to why it hasn't happened yet. I've had multiple opportunities but I never went for them. I guess I partly blame movies for that because I am brain washed to think my first time is going to be this magical moment with someone special and maybe "waiting for the right moment" has been the cause for my lateness.

Let's look at my time line:

The first time I'm sure I could have had sex, it didn't happen because I was shy and inexperienced. Instead it just became the night I had my first kiss.

Then there the couple of chances I had with Psycho Girl. That I chose not to do anything because deep inside I didn't want to get involved with her that way and I'm just not the kind of guy to have had sex with her just for the sex. I need feeling too, I knew she didn't really care for me at all.

One time though, we were alone in her apartment talking and i can't remember how but the topic about sex in general came up and she started to get a bit nervous it seemed. Then I made a joke as I was really to leave with her to play pool and said "let's go" but pointing to her bedroom and not the front door.

She looked at me for a few seconds and then I got up and walked to the front door to really leave and she just said "oh..." and looked a little confused. When I asked if she was ok she replied "yeah, it must be... my hormones...".

I kicked myself for weeks because of that. She was SO hot. But like i said, she caused more trouble than anything so it was a good thing she didn't mess with my head in that way either.

A couple of years later I went traveling to Australia for a year.

I spent a whole year over seas and met tons of people and not once had sex. They say the chances of having sex while traveling increases because everyone is on vacation and knows it wont' last for ever so they do wild things.

Again, I just was looking for sex and didn't want a drunken one night stand so I went a whole year away and had no sex.

My next chances were with Wendy.

I was so nervous at the beginning of our relationship that the lack of sex is what probably screwed things up.

A month went by before we fooled around and probably in the second month was when we tried it the first time. She was on top of me and said "are you ready?". I reached for a condom. I was so nervous, I took the condom and said "What do I do now?" and she said "you're not ready...".

After that I didn't want to keep pushing. I didn't want her to think that all I wanted to do was have sex.

I was afraid that once we did it, all we'd do was have sex and make it a weekly thing.

How often do couples have sex?

Another factor was that we both lived with our parents.

I got more to say but i"m exhausted... been busy at work. Almost got fired for missing a deadline (sort of, in a jokingly but serious - don't do it again or else! - kind of way).

I'll write some more later.

2 comments:

JRM said...

How often do couples have sex? There is no standard answer for that. In the beginning of a relationship, often. Sometimes multiple times a day, every day for weeks. It tapers off, though. I think the average for couples who've been together for awhile is about twice a week. That's average - I certainly know couples who are still almost every day and others that are once a month or less. And age has some to do with it, but honestly, I'm as active... or more, in my 40s as in my 20s and 30s, so...

It depends.

Elwood said...

I know that there isn't a set number. I just asked it like that to see what answers I got back.


As much as it might be nice to do on a regular basis, I don't regret still not having done it and am in no rush.