Saturday, March 15, 2008

What a hellish week

This week has been pretty insane. Before I begin ranting I just want you to know that I'm fine and I am still in good spirits. All in all, my week wasn't THAT bad. I wasn't suicidally depressed or anything, it's just when you put it all together, one can only say"Man! What a horrible week!".

Well where do I begin?

First off I've been really tired a lot lately. Work has become very busy lately. It's unavoidable, but we've been doing EVERYTHING last minute and all the extra hours and skipping lunches didn't help much.

As mentioned earlier this week, I was feeling a bit down over the whole Wendy thing. I have no intention of getting back together with her or have initiated anything silly (like changing my mind and going to her party tonight). I think it's just totally normal to reflect on the past when you were with someone and in turn feel a little lonely. My friend Maynard told me that it took him 6 months to get over a girl once.

On Monday it took me an extra hour to get to work. I waited and waited for my bus that never came. It got so cold waiting outside I decided to take the subway which takes a lot longer but didn't care.

Tuesday sucked because I was approached by my boss that he needed something due the next day that previously took me several days to complete. I knew that the first time it took me longer than it should have so I was confident I could finish in time.

I did finish it in time but I needed to bring it home and worked on it until 11pm so I was pretty exhausted.

Wednesday was probably the only pretty good day off my week. I went to floor hockey and although I felt tired, my team mates said I played really well. Alas, I missed scoring like 30 times! (I'm not that good a player but improved a lot since starting this year).

After Wednesday came Thursday (it usually does, I think...). The Squeamish beware:
I woke up Thursday morning and felt exhausted. I don't know why but I was (maybe from work?).

I arrived to work like every other day at around 8am. I settled in and ate a couple of pieces of cheese with an OJ juice box (thisis my breakfast) .

At 8:40am I began working. I needed desperately to change some labels on some samples so they could be mailed properly to a customer. I printed out the new labels and began to cut them out.

At 8:50am, I was daydreaming (I can't remember what, part of me thinks it may have been Wendy but I think I was just out in space about anything) and accidently sliced off the tip of my middle finger.

I immediately calmy gt of my seat, walked to the first person I saw (which happened to be my bosses Partner and his Sales Rep) and interrupted their conversation saying "I cut myself badly and don't know what to do..."

Turns out Sales Rep cut off a whole finger 5 years ago so she knew how to take care of me.

She took my finger and cleaned it up. I finally looked and noticed that I chopped off a tiny piece of my finger. She told me I went through "The 3 layers of skin and can see a little meat" but assured I was fine. She told me to put pressure o nit until the bleeding stopped, which will be 10 minutes.

Forty minutes later, it was still bleeding. By then my boss showed up. He was really concerned and put in a cab to the hospital.

I got there at 10am and around 10:30 I saw the nurse. She gave me clean piece of gauze (which turned red quickly) and sent me to the waiting room.

I was pretty pissed I couldn't read my book (Douglas Coupland's Girl In A Coma) because I needed to use my good hand to put pressure on the bad one.

I waited about 5 hours until I saw a doctor.

Inside, I met the residence doctor who didn't seem to know what to do. She took of my bandage and blood started to dripped all over the place.

She left and returned with the doctor and a high school student who is on observation of how it is to be a doctor.

The doctor was a really great guy. A young guy, sounded competent and really funny. He proceeds to remove my bandage and then we hear a noise.

The doctor asked what happened and the resident said she saw the student trip. The doctor approaches the student and 10 seconds later he faints!

Twenty minutes later the doctor is back.

He froze my finger, made a mock turnicate with a rubber glove and cauterized the wound with silver nitrate.

6 hours after arriving, I left th e hospital with a nice big bandage on my finger.

Friday was not that much better.

I didn't cut any fingers, but I had a deadline for the end of the day. My finger hurt and then halfway through the day my glasses spontaneously broke! The lens fell out and there was a piece of metal that was no longer attached together.

That didn't make my day any easier. I had to put scotch tape on the lens and it gave me a tiny headache.

Well at least today is Saturday.

Tonight is Wendy's party. I'm not going. I'm hoping to find something to do to keep my mind off of it.

3 comments:

Elwood said...

What does GFTOW stand for? Are you trying to say:
Get The Fuck Over Wendy?
If so, that is GTFOW and not GFTOW.
In either case, thanks for the advice!

Leigh said...

hahaaha..

(I'm laughing at altijdprij's post, not at your shitty week)

I've been trying to get Elwood to get into "the community" i.e. read The Game, for over a year now... GFTOW would be a common cure for oneitis...

The Game might be a really good read for you now actually..

***

Anyhoo.. Sorry to hear about your week! You need to take care of yourself. Take some time, either take a day off work or wait till the weekend.. but go have some FUN! ..oh and when you move out of your parents basement and into the city, you will instantly feel better. no more hour long bus rides. no more isolation. good times. :)

Leigh said...

haha that was my experience exactly! my friend and I used to go out and try to apply that stuff while "sarging" guys.. lol.. I don't do that so much anymore, but I do feel a lot more at ease with social situations.. and you're right, with a healthy attitude, the community can be really amazing.

Elwood, I'll lend it to you if you like. serious.