Monday, November 17, 2014

A Friend In Need

Another recurring "problem" was Katie and her Best Friend.

They were best friends for a few years before I met both of them. I made it clear to Katie that I wouldn't get In between them as she brought up that her past boyfriend was bothered by how much they spent time together.

Well looking back I realize I was bothered to an extent, too.

She would book days or nights where she would spend only with her best friend and that was fine. I didn't have to hang out with Katie all the time. However, we weren't hanging out much because of our busy schedules and spending time with her best friend was an extra thing in her busy schedule. .

Plus it felt like she always put her best friend ahead of me. This is a clear sign things weren't working. Now I don't mean that because we were dating I have to be more important that her friends, especially one she's super close with. But we didn't have that strong connection. We dated 9 months and Katie sure didn't feel like my best friend and I'm sure Katie felt the same.

We were getting to know each other but the investment wasn't there and I blame myself for a lot of it (but not all of it).

I may be wrong, but looking back, I really don't remember that many times where Katie blocked her schedule to just spend time with me. And if she did, I wasn't free. So it didn't work out often. Again a problem due to me doing too much.

I'd learn my lesson because, as I'll go into details in my next post, I couldn't keep up.

No comments: