Monday, November 10, 2014

Our FIrst Date

It was summer 2013 and I was on OKCupid at the time but not making a big deal about it.

I had met someone nice on it who had just moved to My City looking to make new friends. We hung out a bit and I brought her to the theater yo see some shows.

I was deliberately not trying to want to date someone so I was happy to be becoming friendly with a female without wanting to date her. Although secretly I would have if it went that way.

Meanwhile, out of the blue I get a Facebook message from Katie asking if I'd want to go mini golfing. I was interested in going and thought my new friend would enjoy coming to meet new people. So I asked Katie if it would be on if she tagged along.

Now I didn't read the message properly. I thought she was asking me to join a group activity with others. So needless to say I was surprised when wrote back saying she mustn't had been clear enough - SHE WAS ASKING ME OUT ON A DATE.

I reread the message. No she was clear. I was just an idiot.

I thought about it for a while. Although I didn't feel a huge attraction at first, I figured what do I have to lose.

We went mini golfing and then had a coffee. It was no special than any other date I had been on but I didn't really know much about her and getting to know her was fun. We shared a lot of interests outside theater, like music and cartoons and costuming.

At the end of our date, I wasn't entirely sure what I wanted to do next - pursue something or not. However, it was clear we both had had fun that day.

More on what happened next in the next post.

No comments: