Tuesday, November 11, 2014

The Debate

A few days later she asked me out on a second date. I really wasn't sure what I wanted to do. I wasn't sure if I was attracted to her.

Up until then I had been normally attracted to thinner people (I'm a small guy myself). Also, Katie is Mexican and I'm Jewish and I felt that could cause issues down the line (I haven't decided if I will only marry someone Jewish or not).

Katie and I would end up doing most of our chatting online and through texting each other (a trend I would both love and HATE - more on that later).  So I texted her back saying I think we should be just friends.

She didn't take it so well and asked me to give her another chance.

It was now September and the Jewish Holidays were happening. During which, I go to synagogue and pray all day.

When inside synagogue all day praying and getting bored out of my mind, it's easy to have lots of time to reflect on things. Naturally I just kept thinking about if I wanted to date Katie or not.

I can't explain why but halfway through the day I just said to myself I would. I figured I've had too high standards before and should give someone like Katie a chance.

More on that in the next post.

No comments: