Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Planning Ahead

I can't remember when but at one point we talked about going away to the united states for a long weekend road trip. The perfect getaway form everything and just spend time together, the two of us.

We planned on going away end of April. Originally we picked a city 9 hours away by car but the planning of it just dragged on forever because we were both busy. It then got complicated finding a place to stay and finding a way to get there. Katie doesn't drive and I didn't want to do the whole 9 hours myself.

Eventually I convinced her we go to a different city a lot closer, only 3 hours away.

Since we weren't making headway in planning I went full gear and just booked our accommodations, rented the car and booked all our fun activities. It was just easier to do it all myself since it was tough to find time to sit with her and pick stuff together - again too busy to see each other.

Then a couple of weeks before the trip, she casually voices how she wanted to move our trip so she could not miss a show she had the chance to be in. It wasn't the biggest deal. We could just move it. She eta to do her thing and we go away and everyone is happy.

The big problem was my work is weird and I had give notice WAY in advance. It became such a huge deal to move it.

At the time I just couldn't understand why Katie was making such a big deal about this show and it bothered me. She could always be in the next one (they happened often). Maybe it's because I put a lot of effort into organizing it and her wanted to prioritize something instead made me feel she didn't care that much about going.

Again our communication was crap but it was my fault this time. I wanted to confront the about my feeling about the whole thing but instead of talking to her, I sent upset text messages. I KNOW, no more text messages in future relationships.

She did vocally tell me if there's a big issue like that bothering me to just talk to her. Advice as wouldn't follow herself later on.

In any case we sorted things out. She got to perform in her show. The rental booking went without a hitch and we were off to spend four romantically filled days together. What could go wrong?

1 comment:

stephanie clara said...


I'm sorry, I know this really is none of my business but you are talking about a relationship, you are telling everything from beginning til the end, but apart from annoyance with each others' busy behaviour, there are no emotions. At all.

Since you say you're writing this as a way of working it out for yourself, shouldn't your most important question be:

Where you in love?
And if so,why on earth didn't you make her your priority? Why didn't she make you her priority?
That's what being in love is about, isn't it?

I just don't get it...



stephanie