Saturday, November 29, 2014

Remember The Last Time Together

I spoke to several friends about the break up and all the things bothering me. One told me probably the best, most straight forward thing to help move on:

Remember the last time together.

What sound advice! We tend to remember all the good stuff and then yearn for it back. But remember all the crap? Nope, I don't want to! Well you have to, or you're living in a dream land.

As I was writing this blog over the past couple of weeks, as I recounted all the good stuff, I really couldn't stop thinking of Katie. Almost to the point where I would have made a bad decision and write to her about how I feel and try to explain things, with hopes of trying again.

I'm not dating I shouldn't have. It would have been healthy to have talked things through with her months ago. But 5 months later... What's the point? I missed that boat, it's too late for that.

But then when I got to all the crappy stuff, I remembered. I remembered how shitty I felt. How there was this side to Katie I never knew existed. Why would I want to be around that again?

So every now and then when I feel lonely or yearn for Katie, I just tell myself to remember the night of the breakup and it's been really helping me move on.

No comments: