Thursday, November 20, 2014

Everything Went Wrong

Okay, don't let the title confuse you, it wasn't a trip from hell or anything but it didn't quite turn out the way I planned.

We went on a road trip for 4 days, 3 nights.

First day/night was great. Spent the day at the water park followed by dinner, playing in an arcade like kids and wine and sexy time back in the gorgeous cottage we rented for the night.

The second day started well. We checked out and drove 2 hours to the next town. It was raining so we went out for dinner and headed back to our motel for a movie.

We were both exhausted and went to bed.

4am I woke and puked in the bathroom. I HAD FOOD POISONING.

I kept going back to bed and back to the bathroom. It was terrible. I had never had it before.

I didn't want to wake up Katie so I kept all my thoughts to "do not puke, do not wake Katie". However, as I would find out the next morning, she was awake and concerned. She tried comforting me but I didn't know because I had ear plugs in my ears. I remember feeling her hand in my shoulder as I turned away from her to try and sleep (not on purpose) and she just did the same.

This must have pissed her off. It just added a whole other layer to our miscommunication problem, even if it wasn't deliberate.

Getting sick RUINED the trip. It was supposed to be a fun bonding experience. Instead it became a situation I wanted to never remember again.

We continued on with our trip but it was strained. I looked like death and even though I made sure not to complain I can see I was not fun to be around.

We got through the last 2 days and headed back home. Bonding and getting to know each other better, we did not.

By no means was getting sick my fault but things were never the same after that trip.

No comments: