Thursday, November 27, 2014

Post Break Up

This one has been so weird. The week of the break up I felt pretty good about myself. I knew things weren't working and from day one her plan was always to move away from My City when she finished school, so now I had once less thing to worry about.

I avoided the theater for a bit and one month after the break up I went to a show, caught a glance of her and felt a pang in my chest. After the show I just bolted out of the theater instead of hanging around to avoid bumping into her.

I got lucky because I knew from before we broke up that she was spending a month and a half in the US for a school thing so I was able to spend the entire summer going to the theater and hanging out with all my friends without bumping into her. I barely thought about her or the break up.

Then in late August, I calculated she would be back. I went to the theater to see a show and LITERALLY bumped into her as I was turning the corner. She was in a hurry to leave and we barely said more than a hello.

From that day EVERYTHING flooded back into my brain and until the writing of this post I have been obsessing about her and the breakup and being alone.

No comments: