Sunday, November 9, 2014

Here we go again

It's been a long time since I wrote on this blog. I doubt anyone is still subscribed to it but the point has always been to use it as a tool to get things off my chest.

I originally started this blog to get over the breakup from my first girlfriend. Now I'm trying it again.

I dated someone for 9 months, from September to May 2014. The first few months were great then it got real shitty the last 2 months. She broke up with me but I could have done it myself. I just didn't.

Thankfully she was out of town for 3 months not long after we broke up so this past summer I was able to enjoy myself barely thinking about her.

She came back at the end of summer. We met through the same hobby. We are both students of a theater school and are part of the theater community. We know a lot of the same people and attend a lot of the same shows. So now that she's back it's impossible not to see her. And knowing she's back makes it feels impossible not to think about her. Everything had just flooded back in my head and it's hard to shake it.

I've already talked about things with multiple people and it's been many months since we broke up that you'd think I'd be totally over it, but yet I'm not. I wasn't even enjoying my time with her towards the end, so what gives, why so stuck on the past?

I'm hoping if I reflect through everything both good and bad in great detail one last time, then I can finally give up thinking/worrying about it and move on.

This would be one extremely long post otherwise, so I'm going to break it down, pretty much in the order it just comes out of my head. So expect a bunch of posts to follow.

No comments: