Sunday, November 9, 2014

How We Met

To keep this blog as anonymous as possible, I'm going to call my ex girlfriend Katie.

As mentioned in the previous post, we met at theater school. It's an amateur theater school composed of people performing on stage for fun. Most people are aged 20-40 and are students or young professionals in fields having nothing to do with theater.

I have been attending the theater for the past few years and she joined maybe a couple of years ago.

We would see each in passing, at each other's shows or at the various parties held at the theater.

In the past I would probably have a crush on some one and obsess over them and try to make them want to date me. More than once this has backfired. Remember, I'm the Late Date Bloomer. I started late and still have no idea what I'm doing.

After a string of false starts over a couple of years (you can read about in on this blog) I was finally at a phase where I wasn't pursuing anyone and just enjoying life by myself.

A thing that kept happening at one point was after seeing a show that Katie was a part of, I would get a Facebook message thanking me for coming. We also started chatting a bit at the theater between or after shows.

I couldn't tell what the messages meant but I would find myself trying to decide if I found her attractive (not just physically) and if I wanted to make a move.

I never did. Katie did.

More on that next post.

No comments: