Sunday, November 16, 2014

Time Is Not On My Side

Over the 9 months we dated, I had put on WAY too many projects. I'm someone who always wants to be busy. I find lots of things to do and am out a lot. I could barely keep up when I was single, how was I supposed to incorporate a relationship into that as well?

One of the reasons I was attracted to Katie was she was equally busy a person. It made things easier at the start, allowing me not to get attached too quickly or move oto fast.

Unfortunately, I think it did the complete opposite.

Our schedules were so out of sync. There were times I'd go to her place for a get together with her friends and leave within the hour because I had 2, 3, 4 things going on that day.

Now the thing is, it's not like she would be free at home and I'd be out gallivanting. She went out of town A LOT. Because I worked 9-5 Monday to Friday I preferred hanging out on weekends, but she'd be away a lot. Either for work, friends or family. I can't blame her for having a reason to go out of town. She had a life outside of me. Unfortunately, it was just so frequent.

She was gone every weekend for an entire month at one point. And with my own busy schedule on the weekends, we barely got to see each other.

Once she was supposed to spend the day with her best friend and her friend bailed so she took off to visit her family instead of actually asking if I was free that weekend, which for a rare moment I would have totally been. It shouldn't be that big a deal but this was a point in the relationship where we were having trouble finding time for each other.

A friend once told me, not being able to see your other for a while could either extend the honeymoon period or kill the relationship. I feel it may have done a bit of both.

No comments: