Monday, January 7, 2008

Baby steps

Last night, as promised, I called Wendy.

Things were less awkward but I think I kept making it a tad more since I wasn't sure how to talk to her. I didn't want her to think that I had the attitude that "everything was back to normal". Obviously it wasn't. We had a real deep talk that resulted in her getting super upset and spent 3 days in bed (well 2 of the 3 days were due to a virus she caught). I fell I would be a jerk to be all "well, I changed my mind, lets get back together."

On the other hand, I do feel a little sorry but I don't think I really need to apologize for "getting her upset". We both brought it on ourselves.

I told her that we should maybe just talk on the phone for a bit before meeting. Take it slow. I'm playing with the thought of inviting her out to see a comedy I'm invited to on Friday...

Anyways, we talked for a couple of hours and it felt good.

She was tired and still recovering so she let me go and said she was glad I called.


Now I'm curious to see if she'll call me sometime this week. I don't want to be the one that keeps calling her. She's still sorting shit out (me too) and my telling her I'd wait a few days before calling her and only wait two instead, probably didn't help her much.

Let's see what the future holds...

No comments: