Monday, January 28, 2008

Elwood's Dating Stories Part 5 - Junior College

After high school I attended Junior College in Health Sciences. I was glad to be gone from high school. The only fucked up thing about my HS was that the actual graduation ceremony was held in October, 4 months after I actually finished school.

Junior College was still a lot different from high school. We had longer classes, more freedom, we were more mature, and there were new girls to pursue.

Even though I was out of HS, I hadn't changed my ways that much. Yes, I was a lot more outgoing and friendlier. I started to make lots of friends quickly, but most of them were guy friends.

There was, however, a girl I met, I think in my second year. Let's call her Country Girl because she was actually from the country but moved to the city to study at college.

Country girl was cute and nice to me, and paid me attention (sad to say, that was all I looked for in a girl back then). I remember have a crush on her for a while and the tension was killing me. I really wanted to tell her I liked her but was way to shy.

After hang out with other friends for a few months, i think I sought advice from a friend and he told me to call her. I can't remember how, but I managed to get her phone number.

I remember, very nervously, calling her house and a guy picked up, being her brother (I knew she lived with him). He passed the phone onto her. I talked to her awkwardly and eventually blurted out that I liked her or something like that.

Turned out, my friend's brother also had a thing for her and had asked her out literally 10 minutes before I did.

I hung up heartbroken.

The next day at school I remember trying super hard to not cross paths with Country Girl but instead, walked right into the table she was eating lunch at.

Awkward!

In the end, my friend's brother went a little nuts. She was his first "girlfriend" and after 2 weeks he was smothering her so much she dumped him. I can't say if i would have done the same thing or not.

Years later (4 to be exact) I would discover that one of my TA's at university, whom I became friends with for 3 years was her brother! He laughed so hard when we made the connection. He actually remembered me calling that day I tried asking out Country Girl.

Talk about small world.

2 comments:

Sid said...

That's quite a charming story. Don't think I'll be able to wipe the smile off my face for ages to come.

Elwood said...

Thanks!
I got plenty of crazy stories...