Saturday, January 26, 2008

Understanding the rules

Wow. Post break up is a weird place to be.

I just got back from a hanging out with Wendy. I know we're not dating anymore, but it sure look, tasted and felt like a date.

I was kind enough to go pick her up from her house even though the bar was closer to mine. Once at the bar, she bought me a beer (she insisted).

We spent the whole night talking about stuff. I did most of the talking, but I tend to talk a lot anyways and she doesn't say much in general. However, we seemed into it. There were occasions of not saying much but I left it open so she'd have a chance to bring something interesting to talk about.

The really weird part was when she was telling me how she was busy tomorrow and couldn't meet her cousin who wanted to get trashed with her for having just broken up with someone. Her cousin suggested they go out drinking right after it happened, but she got sick, so it tentatively go t moved to tomorrow.

Sure, it's one thing telling someone that, but when you're that someone, it tends to make things awkward. I was ok with it though, since i know she didn't mean any harm.

There was a pretty good cover band playing a bunch of songs i like that I havn't heard in a while. They had the Eagles thing going on with the drummer being the singer.


Once i noticed the pauses getting longer, I could see she was getting tired, so Wendy and I left.

I drove her home. Once we reached her house, I put the car in park and we chatted for a good 10 - 15 minutes.

She said she "had to go pee" from the beer (she wasn't drunk; has a tiny bladder) . In the past she'd say that and jump out the car. Tonight she just kept talking to me.

Finally she said she had to go, so after our last encounter, I moved forward for the kiss.

I felt like we kissed really passionately. I could be completely wrong, but that's what I felt. Maybe she did too because we just kept kissing.

I know making out isn't so out of the ordinary, but after so many months of a quick kiss and dash, it's fun and exciting to be spending a good 5 - 10 minutes playing tonsil hockey.

So I finally understand the post break up rules:

there aren't any!

2 comments:

Leigh said...

you don't have to take my advice.. but in my opinion, you are going to get hurt.

Elwood said...

Even though I have a feeling you are right.

Yet, I don't know how to get out of this situation.

Still, I"m not even sure I want to just yet...