Monday, January 21, 2008

Back To Square One

I just got back from my evening with Wendy.

It reminded me of one of our first dates. In fact is was even better.

I was about 30 minutes late at the meeting point (took longer by public transport than predicted). However, I cheered her up with some bubble wrap I stole from work. She went ecstatic (do all girls like bubble wrap?).

We then went for pizza, talking in teh car and joking around.

At dinner she got to admire the 'new' me. I now have a goatee and was wearing a new style clothes I bought (except for 2 times I practically haven't seen her for the past month). She told me liked it and could get used to it.

We talked a lot and laughed and just had fun.

Are evening continued with going to Chapters. Wendy wanted to buy a new book and found what she was looking for.

I couldn't remember her being so talkative. That was one of the things I questioned her when we were having our serious talks, so maybe she's making an effort?

The whole night we didn't touch or anything, purely platonic.

By the end of the night though, my mind started to race. Things felt different and the night was about to end - she was driving me home. I started to feel a bit of anxiety/butterflies in the stomach type feeling. I kept thinking "this is it, moment of truth. Don't expect a kiss. Don't expect a kiss". I really didn't want to keep my hopes up and was still confused as to what was going on.

We get to my house and talked for a minute or two and then I said goodnight. She said goodnight. We looked at it each other. Then I figured that was it. She obviously didn't want to kiss me. So I opened the door and walked slowly away constantly looking back.

I get to my door and she's still there. I opened the door, dropped my bag and walked back to the car.

I really wanted to walk back to the car.

I go up to her window and she rolls it down. I asked her if something was wrong. Wendy said that she always waits for me to go inside my house. Maybe I was just tired, but I don't ever remember her doing it before.

There was awkward silence for a few minutes and I said "So... goodnight..." once more time to which she replied "kiss me".

So I did.

Then it became a make out.

I pulled my head back. Then forward.

More make out.

We stared at each other again. Right then I was totally confused at to what was going on so I said "so we'll do this again?". She said yes.

I couldn't help myself and said "can I kiss you one last time?" and she happily said yes.

Even more make out.

The I said "so we'll take it slow?" and she agreed.

So... I guess we're sort of dating again...?

Either way it was fun and exciting. It's like starting over again. This is the excitement that was lost 8 months ago.

The shitty thing is though is that one of the faults of the relationship was that I was really shy and wasn't very physical at first. Now, the past two times she had to tell me to kiss her (like she did when I first met her). It's not that I'm afraid it's just that i Didn't know what her intentions were. Now that I know, I"m going to try and initiate things because I don't want a repeat of events.

Well, I'll have to see how things progress...

1 comment:

Leigh said...

That's great! you've got a 2nd chance to do things right... keep those lines of communication open. You've already shown that you can be honest about your feelings. Don't bottle things up this time around.

but a goatee??... really???